Superconductive’s mission is to revolutionize the speed and integrity of data collaboration. We are the team behind Great Expectations, the leading open source tool for data testing, documentation, and profiling. Data teams all over the world use Great Expectations to instrument, understand, and collaborate on their data and machine learning systems.
About the role
This is an exciting time for Superconductive and our team. Our open source community is one of most active and fastest-growing data communities in the world; we have funding to launch our first SaaS product, which will become a category defining product in data quality and DataOps.
We are looking for an experienced designer capable of leading end-to-end UX design as we take our SaaS platform to market and continue to grow the open source Great Expectations community.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Own the end-to-end UX design process.
- Effectively partner with product management, engineering and other stakeholders throughout all phases of the development cycle
- Be a champion of great user experience
- Define information architecture, interaction and visual design of the company’s products
- Create and iterate prototypes and wireframes
- Conduct usability testing
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, Washington and other places. We’d love to add your town.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
- Minimum three years of product design experience.
- Comfort owning the end-to-end UX design process.
- Excitement to be a major contributor to a company-wide adoption of a design system.
- Confidence in design decisions combined with willingness to seek critique and valuable feedback.
- Comfortable with designing developer-centric products and B2B SaaS platforms.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Experience translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences in tight collaboration with the engineering team
- A successful track record of designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Communicate well—in writing, in person, and on Slack.
- Commit to a culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team.
Stand Out Attributes
The best candidate will:
- Have experience designing UX meant for collaboration and productivity within a business environment or developer tools.
- Designed and/or improved the user experience of a B2B SaaS platform.
- Experience in data visualization.
- Have experience with ReactJS.
- Have experience with Figma or Sketch.
- Experience with productivity tool UX
- Experience with developer tool UX
- Experience with growth hacking methodologies.
- Competent coding abilities in HTML/CSS/JS.
Superconductive Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.