Superconductive’s mission is to revolutionize the speed and integrity of data collaboration. We are the team behind Great Expectations, the leading open source tool for data testing, documentation, and profiling. Data teams all over the world use Great Expectations to instrument and understand their data and machine learning infrastructure and systems.
About the role
As an engineer building the premier Data Quality framework, you will work closely with Superconductive teammates and the open source community to enhance the Great Expectations library. You will help identify and implement new metrics, integrations, and features that allow our users to express their Expectations. We’re looking for someone passionate about software and data, who will be as excited about improving our algorithms for metric dependency resolution as ensuring that Expectations produce consistent results across a wide range of compute models.
You will be expected to:
- Develop new features for Great Expectations, following best practices for project management and writing clear, efficient code.
- Take initiative; proactively gather input from user feedback, your observations, and collaboration with colleagues to improve Great Expectations.
- Tackle bug fixes and user submitted github issues, as well as respond to and manage community PRs.
- Produce clear documentation of features for external users, both in code and for our docs site.
- Work as part of a small, remote team that is passionate about building great software.
- Work confidently in python, and interact with a variety of data systems and testing tools, improving the codebase to ensure it is clear and easily approachable for external collaborators.
As part of Superconductive, you will also have opportunities to support the community and evangelize Great Expectations through conference talks, workshops, and blog posts, if you’d like.
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, and other places. We’d love to add your town.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
- Minimum three years work experience as a software engineer, ideally using python and interacting with data, e.g. through Spark, Pandas, and/or Relational Database systems.
- Experience with software development tools including git, project management software, CI toolchains, containers, cloud service providers, and something else that surprises us.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate timelines, prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and collaborate with a broader team.
- Passion for hands-on work, and building the team as well as the product.
- Robust grounding in principles of computer science and software design.
Strong candidates for this role will have already had experience working with larger teams and/or an external open source community.
Great engineering is more than just technical proficiency. We expect everyone to bring good ideas and habits, so that they can contribute to a collective culture of best practices. The best candidate will:
- Have data in your blood. The more curiosity you have about a wide variety of data from all walks of life, the better.
- Have technology in your heart, and a passion for continuous learning.
- Communicate well—in writing, in person, and on Slack.
- Commit to a culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team.
Superconductive Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.