Senior Software Engineer, Backend and Infrastructure
About the role
We are building a SaaS product that will provide a UI for the Great Expectations library. The product will deliver a hosted solution with easy configuration of data connections, storage backends, and pipeline integrations; efficient creation of data quality tests, including for non-technical users; tools for collaboration across teams; and shared dashboarding and monitoring capabilities of an organization’s data quality.
As the first Infrastructure Engineer on this project, you will become a founding member of the SaaS development team. You will be responsible for designing and building our cloud infrastructure. This role has the potential to develop into a team lead and manager as the team grows.
You will be expected to:
- Architect our SaaS infrastructure, including evaluating technology stack options from major cloud providers, performing cost analysis, and deploying and managing infrastructure;
- Write awesome software, handling the entire SaaS lifecycle from user management to APIs making open source features easy to use for SaaS customers;
- Contribute to product decisions as part of a small and exciting team working to support and accelerate a vision for understanding data.
As part of Superconductive, you will also have opportunities to support the community and evangelize Great Expectations through conference talks, workshops, and blog posts, if you’d like.
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, and other places. We’d love to add your town.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
- Minimum five years work experience as a software/infrastructure engineer, including significant experience with scalable distributed systems architectures using modern commercial cloud infrastructure (we use a mix of web servers, containers, load balancers, databases, message queues, and caches from the big providers). More experienced candidates are also welcome to apply.
- Devops experience, including CI/CD and experience maintaining High Availability systems.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate timelines, prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and collaborate with a broader team.
- Proficiency with python API development, ideally both REST and GraphQL.
- Proficiency in application data modeling on top of SQL relational databases, such as PostGreSQL and MySQL in AWS/RDS or other IaaS providers. Experience with NoSQL data stores is a plus.
- Passion for hands-on work, and building the team as well as the product.
- Robust grounding in principles of computer science and software design.
Strong candidates for this role will have already had experience with B2B SaaS development, including frequent server-side iteration and experimentation; frequent deployments to production; and rapid development cycles.
Great engineering is more than just technical proficiency. We expect everyone to bring good ideas and habits, so that they can contribute to a collective culture of best practices. The best candidate will:
- Have data in your blood. The more curiosity you have about a wide variety of data from all walks of life, the better.
- Have technology in your heart, and a passion for continuous learning.
- Communicate well—in writing, in person, and on Slack.
- Commit to a culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team.
Superconductive Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.