Senior Analytics Engineer
We are looking for an experienced analytics engineer to help keep us empirically grounded by building out our analytics function and company metrics. This is a great opportunity to dive deeper into your career by learning and interacting with many aspects of a rapidly growing company.
The analytics team owns the infrastructure that ingests business data and product usage data, processes it and makes it available to a wide variety of internal teams. Over time, we plan to apply ML models to derive insights from this data to help answer the big questions. We use our own product (i.e. Great Expectations) to ensure data quality throughout our pipeline and act as an internal early adopter of new features to give feedback before they are released.
We are looking for for someone who will:
- Build Analytics
- Take ownership of our analytics products and provide a repeatable, accurate understanding of how our products are used, top areas in need of improvement, and the health of our core growth loops. We firmly believe that the same level of diligence should be applied to analytics as our external products
- Build, deliver and maintain clear, well defined metrics, supporting documentation, and easily consumable reports and dashboards, including new datasets to feed analysis for company focus areas (e.g. growth, user stats, or product stats)
- Manage data quality and testing, the data catalog, lineage and documentation
- Maintain, improve and extend the architecture of our current data pipelines
- Become a super user of Great Expectations, collaborating with the product engineering team to give feedback on improving the product
- Collaborate and build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to better provide them with new, helpful insights
- Know when to deliver one-off analyses vs automate a repeatable process
- Make clear commitments: participate in quarterly PI planning and roadmap development sessions. Translate business needs into project requirements. Advocate for team priorities based on company goals
- Drive agile processes for the team and day to day prioritization. Deliver on the analytics roadmap
- Develop and execute on plans. Be able to explain prioritization choices effectively
- Be an advocate for the Analytics team, its goals and success. Address issues and conflicts head on
As part of Superconductive, you will also have opportunities to support the community and evangelize Great Expectations through conference talks, workshops, and blog posts.
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development backed by some of the best open source and data infrastructure investors in the industry: Index, CRV, and Root Ventures. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Virginia. We’d love to add your state.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
Stand Out Attributes
The best candidate will have some of the following:
Experience working as a solo analyst / team of one
Experience standing up an analytics function from scratch
Experience in multiple startups and an opinion on which metrics are most helpful to guide us to the next stage
Experience using Great Expectations
Have data in your blood. The more curiosity you have about a wide variety of data from all walks of life, the better
Deep experience with SaaS usage stats and analytics, e.g. growth loops and an opinion of how best to measure product health
Experience with marketing data from various sources e.g. Google Analytics
Experience with snowflake and/or redshift
Experience with S3, Spark, databricks, and/or Elasticsearch
Enough python knowledge to modify and improve great expectations, e.g. improving or updating the instrumentation
Good understanding of ML tools and ability to use them to answer questions and gain insights about our users.
Product management experience
Superconductive Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.