As our growing Product Engineering team is doing more development in parallel, we are looking for a Product Manager who is roughly ~70% “settler” and ~30% “pioneer” on the pioneer/settler/town builder scale.
At Superconductive, keeping a closely integrated Product Engineering organization is a core part of our culture. While some team members specialize in writing code and others in synthesizing customer insights, developing specs and requirements, and ensuring we build the right product, everyone must have a deep understanding of the product and a sense of product ownership. As a Product Manager, you will build a close collaborative peer relationship with Product Engineers.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Become a go-to person within the team for understanding our users’ needs and wants by analyzing usage data, interviewing users and studying market landscape and trends
- Build and maintain the roadmap for an area of the product, making a case for features and prioritizing them based on their impact on the KPIs and other factors
- Develop specs and requirements for features, synthesizing information from our open source community, customer success organization and product engineering team
- Effectively partner with UX designers and product engineers to ship features
- Use data and anecdotes to suggest and evaluate possible courses of action to improve metrics or achieve other product goals
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source and cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes, and we keep these conversations open to the broader team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than worrying about things like hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Virginia. We’d love to add your state.
- And competitive compensation with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Minimum two years of product management experience. If you were doing product management, but your title was something else, please make a case for yourself
- Passionate about the data space
- Outstanding ability to process and synthesize information that comes from a wide variety of sources: users, data, personal experience, partners, competitive diligence, etc. etc.
- Ability to frame the right questions, using data, anecdotes, and opinions
- Good product sense - ability to (usually) make good product decisions in presence of uncertainty
- Excellent communication -- be able to convey an idea succinctly and clearly in writing, in person, and on Slack
- Track record of leadership, inspiring and rallying teammates around a goal
- Effective within a company culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team
- Ability to effectively collaborate with engineers and designers
- Empathy with customers - you are able to see the world through the customer’s eyes
- Track record of shipping - you have shepherded a particular module (or an entire product) all the way from an idea to production
Stand Out Attributes
The best candidate will have:
- A technical background, such as experience as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer
- Previous experience with Open Source Software development
- Previous experience working on a SaaS product
- Previous experience working on tools aimed at developers
- Nuanced understanding of the evolving landscape of data tools and workflows
Superconductive Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.