About the role
This is an exciting time at Superconductive. We have a dedicated community of data practitioners from around the world that include hungry startups, leaders in tech, and fortune 500 companies. Through scrappy growth tactics, we’ve been able to grow our Slack community to 3,000 members. Now, we are looking for that person who can help us grow the community exponentially and help bring our brand in front of every data practitioner.
As a founding member of the Great Expectations developer advocacy team, you will have the opportunity to shape one of the fastest-growing data communities in the world. You will be an advocate for a strong, inclusive, values-driven community and will influence the development of the open source project through community events, outreach, and close collaboration with contributors.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Foster and build relationships both in-person and online at scale
- Communicate effectively with data developers, with technical precision and authenticity
- Collaborate with the Great Expectations engineering team to structure roadmap and support community contributions
- Be a conduit between the company and the community, able to discover ways to serve both
- See the big picture and understand how the smaller things fit together to achieve this big picture
- Represent Superconductive in the developer community and help to strengthen our welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment
- Attend online and in-person events to speak about the Great Expectations product and communities
- Participate in community events
- Run open source product demos and lead follow up conversations and Q&A
- Work with ecosystem partners to build and publicize integrations
- Work with the Content Manager and Community Manager to produce community-driven content
- Work directly with open source contributors to review, refine, and merge contributions to the open source project
- Work confidently in python, and interact with a variety of data systems and testing tools, improving the codebase to ensure it is clear and easily approachable for external collaborators.
- Become a specialist in the data practitioner audience, relentlessly seeking data and relevant trends to make decisions that improve the impact and effectiveness of content concepts and copy across the medium\
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, Washington, Connecticut and other places. We’d love to add your town.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
- Direct experience with data work in python, SQL, Spark, etc.
- Experience with software development tools including git, project management software, CI toolchains, containers, and cloud service providers
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and collaborate with a broader team
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Empathy for developers, regardless of their skill level
- Knowledge of current data engineering tools and trends
- Have data in your blood. The more curiosity you have about a wide variety of data from all walks of life, the better.
- Have technology in your heart, and a passion for continuous learning.
- Communicate well—in writing, in person, and on Slack or other forums.
- Commit to a culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team.
Stand Out Attributes
We expect everyone to bring good ideas and habits, so that they can contribute to a collective culture of best practices. The best candidate will have:
- Experience as an Open Source contributor or maintainer
- Project Management experience
- Trained and deployed machine learning models
- Experience organizing, promoting, and facilitating events (webinars, Meetups, etc.
- Experience with managing and scaling community programs
- Experience managing community forums
Superconductive Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.